- Moxie Award, Drug Free America Foundation, 2016
- Drug Free Hero Award, Foundation for a Drug Free World, June 2014
- Joint Legislative Resolution by the New Jersey Legislature acknowledging David G. Evans for his meritorious record of service, leadership and commitment to healthcare law including substance abuse issues, 2008
- McGovern Award, June, 2003. The award recognizes innovations in drug abuse prevention that will reduce illegal drug use throughout the nation. Recipients of the award are selected on the basis of their impact on drug abuse policy by developing ideas that are intellectually sound and that have the promise of substantially reducing substance abuse at the federal, state and local levels in both the public and private sectors.
- Distinguished Service Award for 1996, Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey
- Pioneer Award from the New Jersey Coalition Against Impaired Driving. Presented by the New Jersey Attorney General. l992
- Achievement award from the New Jersey Bar Association for service to the legal profession. Presented by the President of the New Jersey Bar Association. l991
- Achievement award from Mothers Against Drunk Drivers. 1991
- Pioneer award from the Intoxicated Drivers Resource Centers Directors Association for efforts and initiatives towards creating a safer New Jersey. l990
- Selected as an "Outstanding Speaker of the Year" by the American Association for Clinical Chemistry, 1986.
- Received Smithers Foundation Fellowship to attend the Rutgers Summer School of Alcohol Studies, l972
- Awarded Daughters of the American Revolution Gold Medal for Scholarship and Leadership, 1970
Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Federal District Court and courts of New Jersey.